Mouse IL12B/IL-12B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein
Subunit beta of interleukin 12 (also known as natural killer cell stimulatory factor 2, or cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2, p40) (IL12B) is a subunit of human interleukin 12. IL12B/IL-12B is a cytokine that acts on T and natural killer cells, and has a broad array of biological activities. Interleukin 12 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of the 40 kD cytokine receptor like subunit encoded by this gene, and a 35 kD subunit encoded by IL12A. IL12B/IL-12B is expressed by activated macrophages that serve as an essential inducer of Th1 cells development. This cytokine has been found to be important for sustaining a sufficient number of memory/effector Th1 cells to mediate long-term protection to an intracellular pathogen. Overexpression of this gene was observed in the central nervous system of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), suggesting a role of this cytokine in the pathogenesis of the disease. The promoter polymorphism of this gene has been reported to be associated with the severity of atopic and non-atopic asthma in children. IL12B/IL-12B associates with IL23A to form the IL-23 interleukin, an heterodimeric cytokine which functions in innate and adaptive immunity.
Interleukin-12 subunit beta
Protein short names
IL-12P40; IMD29; NKSF2; IL-12B; RP23-388G23.1; IL12P40; CLMF; CLMF2; NKSF; P40; IMD28; IL12B
A DNA sequence encoding the mouse IL12B (P43432) (Met 1-Ser 335) was fused with the Fc region of human IgG1 at the C-terminus.
The secreted recombinant mouse IL12B/Fc is a disulfide-linked homodimer. The reduced monomer comprises 554 amino acids and has a calculated molecular mass of 62.8 kDa. As a result of glycosylation, the apparent molecular mass of the monomer is approximately 83 kDa in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
> 90 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
1. Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA.
2. Immobilized mouse IL12B-Fc at 10μg/mL (100μL/well) can bind biotinylated human IL12RB1-His (Cat:501974).
The EC50 of biotinylated human IL12RB1-His (Cat:501974) is 0.10-0.24μg/mL.
Mouse IL12B / IL-12B Protein (Fc Tag) SDS-PAGE
Related Products / Services
- Human IL12B/IL-12B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein
- Rat IL12B/IL-12B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein
- Mouse IL12B/IL-12B recombinant protein
- Human IL23 (His Tag) recombinant protein
- Human IL12B/IL-12B (His Tag) recombinant protein
- Rat IL12B/IL-12B (His Tag) recombinant protein
- Human IL12A & IL12B (His Tag) recombinant protein
- Human IL12B/NKSF2 recombinant protein
- Mouse Il12b (His tag) recombinant protein
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"