Human IGF-1 / IGF-I / IGF1 recombinant protein
The insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake. May play a role in synapse maturation.
Insulin-like growth factor I
Protein short names
IGF-1; IGF-IA; IGF1; IGF-IB; IGF1A; IGF-I; MGF; IGFI; C730016P09RIK
A DNA sequence encoding the mature form of human IGF1 isoform 1 (P05019-1) (Gly 49-Ala 118) was expressed and purified.
The recombinant mature form of human IGF1 consisting of 71 amino acids and has a calculated molecular mass of 7.8KDa.
> 95 % as determined by SDS-PAGE
1. Measured by its ability to bind human IGFBP4-His (Cat:501617) in a functional ELISA.
2. Measured by its ability to bind mouse IGFBP4-His (Cat:500242) in a functional ELISA.
3. Measured by its ability to bind Cynomolgus IGFBP1-His (Cat:500751) in a functional ELISA.
4. Measured by its ability to bind human IGF1R (aa 954-1367)-GST (Cat:501890) in a functional ELISA.
5. Measured in a serum-free cell proliferation assay using MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.5-2 ng/mL.
6. Measured in a cell proliferation assay using MCF-7 cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 1-4 ng/mL.
Human IGF1 / IGF-I Protein SDS-PAGE
Related Products / Services
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"