S100 beta antibody
S100 beta Rabbit Polyclonal antibody. Positive IF detected in A375 cells. Positive IHC detected in human skin cancer tissue, human breast cancer tissue, human gliomas tissue. Positive WB detected in human testis tissue, A375 cells, human brain tissue, mouse brain tissue. Observed molecular weight by Western-blot: 11 kDa
ELISA, WB, IHC, IF
Human,Mouse,Rat; other species not tested.
NEF antibody; Protein S100 B antibody; S 100 protein beta chain antibody; S 100 protein subunit beta antibody; S100 antibody; S100 calcium binding protein B antibody; S100B antibody; S100beta antibody
This antibody was obtained by immunization of S100 beta recombinant protein (Accession Number: BC001766). Purification method: Antigen affinity purified.
PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3.
Store at -20℃. DO NOT ALIQUOT
human testis tissue were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with Catalog No:114952(S100B antibody) at dilution of 1:400
Immunohistochemical of paraffin-embedded human skin cancer using Catalog No:114952(S100B antibody) at dilution of 1:100 (under 10x lens)
Immunohistochemical of paraffin-embedded human skin cancer using Catalog No:114952(S100B antibody) at dilution of 1:100 (under 40x lens)
Immunofluorescent analysis of A375 cells using Catalog No:114952(S100B Antibody) at dilution of 1:25 and Alexa Fluor 488-congugated AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG(H+L)
S100B is a member of the S100 family of proteins containing 2 EF-hand calcium-binding motifs and has been implicated in the regulation of cellular activities such as metabolism, motility and proliferation. In the nervous system, S100B is constitutively released by astrocytes into the extracellular space and at nanomolar concentrations, it can promote neurite outgrowth and protect neurons against oxidative stress. Within the central nervous system (CNS), S100B is thought to be a marker for astroglial activation, linking astrocyte dysfunction to schizophrenia. In addition to astrocytes, S100B is released from many cell types, such as, adipocytes, chondrocytes, cardiomyocytes and lymphocytes. Serum S100B represents a new bomarker for mood disorders.
- Flügge G, Araya-Callis C, Garea-Rodriguez E, Stadelmann-Nessler C, Fuchs E. NDRG2 as a marker protein for brain astrocytes. Cell and tissue research. 357(1):31-41. 2014.
- Chen L, Chen L, Lv Y. Tetrandrine ameliorates cognitive impairment via inhibiting astrocyte-derived S100B activation in a rat model of chronic cerebral hypoperfusion. Neurological research. 35(6):614-21. 2013.
- Edri R, Yaffe Y, Ziller MJ. Analysing human neural stem cell ontogeny by consecutive isolation of Notch active neural progenitors. Nature communications. 6:6500. 2015.
Related Products / Services
- Recombinant Proteins
- cDNA Clones
- Human S100B (His Tag) recombinant protein$279.5
- Mouse S100B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein$279.5
- Human S100B (Fc Tag) recombinant protein$279.5
- Human S100B Recombinant protein (GST tag)$267.9
- Human S100B (His tag) recombinant protein$171
- Mouse S100b (His tag) recombinant protein$237.5
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"