PGRMC1 Rabbit Polyclonal antibody. Positive WB detected in HEK-293 cells, HepG2 cells, human brain tissue, human liver tissue, MCF7 cells, mouse kidney tissue, mouse liver tissue, mouse ovary tissue. Positive IP detected in MCF-7 cells. Positive IHC detected in human cervical cancer tissue, human lung cancer tissue, human ovary tumor tissue. Observed molecular weight by Western-blot: 22-28 kDa
ELISA, WB, IHC, IP
Human,Mouse,Rat; other species not tested.
HPR6.6 antibody; MPR antibody; PGRMC antibody; PGRMC1 antibody
This antibody was obtained by immunization of PGRMC1 recombinant protein (Accession Number: BC034238). Purification method: Antigen affinity purified.
PBS with 0.1% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3.
Store at -20℃. DO NOT ALIQUOT
HEK-293 cells were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with Catalog No:113794(PGRMC1 antibody) at dilution of 1:400
Immunohistochemical of paraffin-embedded human cervical cancer using Catalog No:113794(PGRMC1 antibody) at dilution of 1:100 (under 10x lens)
IP Result of anti-PGRMC1 (IP:Catalog No:113794, 3ug; Detection:Catalog No:113794 1:1000) with MCF-7 cells lysate 1600ug.
Progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (PGRMC1) is a member of a multi-protein progesterone-binding complex. However, PGRMC1 shares homology with cytochrome b5-related proteins rather than hormone receptors (PMID: 18992768). It is a heme binding protein with biding sites for Src homology (SH2) and SH3 domain-containing proteins (PMID: 17583495). PGRMC1 is overexpressed in a variety of cancers, and thus represents an important biomarker for cancer progression and a potential target for anticancer drugs (PMID: 21730960). In nonmalignant tissues, PGRMC1 is highly expressed in the liver and kidney (PMID: 9705155; 20164297).
- Peluso JJ, DeCerbo J, Lodde V. Evidence for a genomic mechanism of action for progesterone receptor membrane component-1. Steroids. 77(10):1007-12. 2012.
- Zhao G, Yan G, Cheng J. Hyaluronic acid prevents immunosuppressive drug-induced ovarian damage via up-regulating PGRMC1 expression. Scientific reports. 5:7647. 2015.
- Cai HL, Tan QY, Jiang P. A potential mechanism underlying atypical antipsychotics-induced lipid disturbances. Translational psychiatry. 5:e661. 2015.
- Zhao G, Zhou X, Fang T, Hou Y, Hu Y. Hyaluronic acid promotes the expression of progesterone receptor membrane component 1 via epigenetic silencing of miR-139-5p in human and rat granulosa cells. Biology of reproduction. 91(5):116. 2014.
- Mir SU, Ahmed IS, Arnold S, Craven RJ. Elevated progesterone receptor membrane component 1/sigma-2 receptor levels in lung tumors and plasma from lung cancer patients. International journal of cancer. 131(2):E1-9. 2012.
Related Products / Services
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"