LDKA form peptide
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
In the age of failing small-molecule antibiotics, tapping the near-infinite structural and chemical repertoire of antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) offers one of the most promising routes toward developing next-generation antibacterial compounds. One of the key impediments en route is the lack of methodologies for systematic rational design and optimization of new AMPs. Here we present a new simulation-guided rational design approach and apply it to develop a potent new AMP. We show that unbiased atomic detail molecular dynamics (MD) simulations are able to predict structures formed by evolving peptide designs enabling structure-based rational fine-tuning of functional properties. Starting from a 14-residue poly leucine template we demonstrate the design of a minimalistic potent new AMP. Consisting of only four types of amino acids (LDKA), this peptide forms large pores in microbial membranes at very low peptide-to-lipid ratios (1:1000) and exhibits low micromolar activity against common Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogenic bacteria. Remarkably, the four amino acids were sufficient to encode preferential poration of bacterial membranes with negligible damage to red blood cells at bactericidal concentrations. As the sequence is too short to span cellular membranes, pores are formed by stacking of channels in each bilayer leaflet.
Ideally LDKA form peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. LDKA form peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Chen CH, Starr CG, Troendle E, Wiedman G, Wimley WC, Ulmschneider JP, Ulmschneider MB. Simulation-Guided Rational de Novo Design of a Small Pore-Forming Antimicrobial Peptide. J Am Chem Soc. 2019 Mar 27;141(12):4839-4848. doi: 10.1021/jacs.8b11939. Epub 2019 Mar 13. PMID: 30839209.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GLLDLLKLLLKAAG-OH
- Chemical Formula:C68H124N16O17
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1437.8
- Theoretical pI:9.88
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"