Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Pinipesin is a novel antimicrobial peptide, present in the exuviae extract of the centipede Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes. Pinipesin displayed potent antimicrobial effects against different microorganisms and showed low haemolytic effects against human erythrocytes at high concentrations. Its sequence exhibited high similarity with some cuticular proteins, and it might act intracellularly by interfering with protein synthesis. Pinipesin might be part of a prophylactic immune response during the ecdysis process of centipedes. Pinipesin is sensitive to plasma proteases – almost totally digested within 60 min.
Ideally Pinipesin peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Pinipesin peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Chaparro-Aguirre E, Segura-Ramu00edrez PJ, Alves FL, Riske KA, Miranda A, Silva Ju00fanior PI. Antimicrobial activity and mechanism of action of a novel peptide present in the ecdysis process of centipede Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):13631
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-VAEARQGSFSY-OH
- Chemical Formula:C53H79N15O18
- Sequence length:11
- Extinction coefficient:1280 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1214.28
- Theoretical pI:7
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"