Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Using mass-spectrometry, in vitro experiments and bioinformatics analysis, we found that methyl jasmonate acid induces significant changes in the peptide pools and that some of the resulting peptides possess antimicrobial and regulatory activities. Moreover, our study provides a list of peptides for further study of potential plant cryptides. We found that the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) for two peptides, LVQIGTKIVGVGRNYAAH (pep1, a fragment of fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase domain-containing protein) from the cell and INIINAPLQGFKIA (pep8, a fragment of the predicted protein) from the cell secretome were 64 and 16 μg/mL, respectively.
Ideally Pep1 (Pp3c9_26130V3) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Pep1 (Pp3c9_26130V3) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Fesenko I, Azarkina R, Kirov I, et al. Phytohormone treatment induces generation of cryptic peptides with antimicrobial activity in the Moss Physcomitrella patens. BMC Plant Biol. 2019;19(1):9. Published 2019 Jan 7. doi:10.1186/s12870-018-1611-z
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-LVQIGTKIVGVGRNYAAH-OH
- Chemical Formula:C85H142N26O23
- Sequence length:18
- Extinction coefficient:1280 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1896.19
- Theoretical pI:10.39
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"