Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Pep-RTYM is a synthetic bioactive peptide derived from &lt;i&gt;Acacia catechu&lt;/i&gt;. Pep-RTYM inhibited DENV infection with a half-maximal inhibition concentration value of 7.9 uM. Time-of-addition study demonstrated that Pep-RTYM interacted with DENV particles and inhibited cellular entry. Pep-RTYM at 50 uM significantly reduced DENV production in Vero-kidney epithelial cells about 1000-fold, but it could decrease the virus production in Huh7 hepatocyte cells approximately 40-fold. Binding of Pep-RTYM to DENV particles may prevent virus interaction with cellular receptor and subsequent virus entry. Pep-RTYM interacts with DENV particles and inhibited cell entry, and inhibited DENV replication and production in a dose-dependent manner. This finding suggests a potential role of Pep-RTYM in the development of a novel anti-DENV drug.
Ideally Pep-RTYM peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Pep-RTYM peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Panya, A.; Sawasdee, N.; Songprakhon, P.; Tragoolpua, Y.; Rotarayanont, S.; Choowongkomon, K.; Yenchitsomanus, P.-T. A Synthetic Bioactive Peptide Derived from the Asian Medicinal Plant Acacia catechu Binds to Dengue Virus and Inhibits Cell Entry. Viruses 2020, 12, 1267.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-DHVTPDIAYNPRTMY-OH
- Chemical Formula:C79H117N21O25S
- Sequence length:15
- Extinction coefficient:2560 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1792.95
- Theoretical pI:5.09
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"