Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
PA2(SQRKLAAKLTSK) is a targeting peptide that binds specifically to OprF porin on P. aeruginosa was identified by phage display peptide library screening. GNU7(RLLRPLLQLLKQKLR) is a de novo generated short a-helical AMP, displayed broad-spectrum activities against bacteria and fungi, including against clinically isolated drug-resistant strains under physiological salt and serum conditions, without cytotoxicity to human cells. Hybrid peptide PA2-GNU7 exhibited potent antimicrobial activity against P. aeruginosa without causing host toxicity. Confocal laser scanning microscopy analysis and time-kill experiments demonstrated that PA2-GNU7 exhibited a high degree of specificity for P. aeruginosa, and rapidly and selectively killed P. aeruginosa cells in mixed cultures. In addition, in vivo treatment efficacy of PA2-GNU7 was significantly greater than that of conventional antibiotics in a mouse model of MDR P. aeruginosa infection. PA2-GNU7 may be a promising template for further development as a novel anti-MDR P. aeruginosa therapeutic agent.
Ideally PA2-GNU7 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. PA2-GNU7 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Kim H, Jang JH, Kim SC, Cho JH. Development of a novel hybrid antimicrobial peptide for targeted killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Eur J Med Chem. 2020
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-SQRKLAAKLTSKGGGRLLRPLLQLLKQKLR-OH
- Chemical Formula:C150H276N50O37
- Sequence length:30
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3372.09
- Theoretical pI:12.89
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"