Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Screened pathogens, S. enterica serovar Typhimurium C610, E. coli D31, A. salmonicida A449, Y. ruckeri 96-4, and L. anguillarum 02-11 were found to be highly sensitive to myxinidin at the MBC of 1.0-2.5 ug/mL; S. epidermis C621 and yeast (C. albicans C627) had an MBC of 10.0 microg/mL. Also active against E. coli, K. pneumobiae, P. aeruginosa, and S. typhimurium. The antimicrobial activity of myxinidin was found to be two to 16 times more active than a potent fish-derived antimicrobial peptide, pleurocidin (NRC-17), against most of the screened pathogens. (Salt-insensitive) The microbicidal activity of myxinidin was retained in the presence of sodium chloride (NaCl) at concentrations up to 0.3 M and had no hemolytic activity against mammalian red blood cells. These results suggest that myxinidin may have potential applications in fish and human therapeutics. 3D structure has been determined by NMR spectroscopy. In 50% TFE, the peptide has a helical structure (residues 2-8) with the C-terminal 4 residues GKPS disordered (Cantisani M et al., 2014). Optimized antibacterial activity was obtained by adding a tryptophan residue at the N terminus and by the simultaneous substitution of residues present in positions 3, 4, and 11 with arginine. Update 12/2014. Myxinidin has Antibacterial, Antifungal activity. Myxinidin was found in Epidermal mucus, Myxine glutinosa L..
Ideally Myxinidin peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Myxinidin peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GIHDILKYGKPS-OH
- Chemical Formula:C61H98N16O17
- Sequence length:12
- Extinction coefficient:1280 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1327.52
- Theoretical pI:9.63
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"