Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
AMPs have been studied as an alternative to conventional antibiotics. After the 97 amino acid protein BjAMP1 was isolated from B. japonicum, Peptide Cutter and CAMP were used to identify the mature AMP, mBjAMP1, composed of 21 amino acids, located at the C-terminus of BjAMP1. IARR-Anal10 is an analog of mBjAMP1, displayed not only the greatest antimicrobial and antibiofilm activities, but also no toxicity against human red blood cells or othermammalian cells. IARR-Anal10 had little or no effect on bacterial outer membrane permeability, membrane polarization or membrane integrity. Instead, it appears IARR-Anal10 binds bacterial DNA, as evidenced in DNA gel retardation assays. Thus, IARR-Anal10 likely kills bacteria through an intracellular mechanism. We also confirmed that IARR-Anal10 suppresses the virulence of K. pneumoniae to a degree similar to tigecycline, used to treat carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae infections. Notably, IARR-Anal10 did not induce development of resistance by K. pneumoniae, though both meropenem and tigecycline did so within a short time. IARR-Anal10 is a promising agent for treating infections caused by bacteria resistant to tigecycline and meropenem.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Park J, Kang HK, Choi MC, et al. Antibacterial activity and mechanism of action of analogues derived from the antimicrobial peptide mBjAMP1 isolated from Branchiostoma japonicum. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2018;73(8):2054-2063
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-IARRALKKAKRAAHKIPAAKKFARR-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C128H231N49O25
- Sequence length:25
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2856.51
- Theoretical pI:13.02
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"