Dermaseptin-PT9 [D8K,E23K] peptide
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Dermaseptin-PT9 (DPT9) (sequence: GLWSKIKDAAKTAGKAALGFVNEMV-NH2) is a novel dermaseptin peptide isolated and identified from Phyllomedusa tarsius by the combination of molecular cloning and LC-MS analysis. Chemically synthesised DPT9 was broadly effective against the tested microorganisms through the disruption of cell membranes and showed weak haemolytic activity towards horse erythrocytes. It also exhibited anti-proliferative effect against various human cancer cells. Dermaseptin-PT9 [D8K,E23K] (sequence: GLWSKIKKAAKTAGKAALGFVNKMV-NH2) is an analoge of DPT9, had a markedly increased antimicrobial effect against all tested microorganisms and disrupted microbial cell membranes. This analogue also showed no haemolysis at its effective antimicrobial concentrations. In addition, Dermaseptin-PT9 [D8K,E23K] displayed an enhanced anti-proliferative effect against cancer cells, while displayed weak activity against the normal human cell line, HMEC-1.
Ideally Dermaseptin-PT9 [D8K,E23K] peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Dermaseptin-PT9 [D8K,E23K] peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Li M, Xi X, Ma C, et al. A Novel Dermaseptin Isolated from the Skin Secretion of Phyllomedusa tarsius and Its Cationicity-Enhanced Analogue Exhibiting Effective Antimicrobial and Anti-Proliferative Activities. Biomolecules. 2019;9(10)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GLWSKIKKAAKTAGKAALGFVNKMV-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C121H206N34O28S
- Sequence length:25
- Extinction coefficient:5690 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2617.2
- Theoretical pI:11.21
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"