H-gwlkkigkkiervgqhtrdatiqtigvaqqaanvaatlk-NH2 (all D-form)
Three letter code
H-Gly-Trp-Leu-Lys-Lys-Ile-Gly-Lys-Lys-Ile-Glu-Arg-Val-Gly-Gln-His-Thr-Arg-Asp-Ala-Thr-Ile-Gln-Thr-Ile-Gly-Val-Ala-Gln-Gln-Ala-Ala-Asn-Val-Ala-Ala-Thr-Leu-Lys-NH2 (all D-form)
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Results: LS-sarcotoxin and LS-stomoxyn showed potent and selective activity against Gram-negative bacteria and no cross-resistance with carbapenems, fluoroquinolones or aminoglycosides. Peptide concentrations of 4 or 8 mg/L inhibited 90% of the clinical MDR isolates of Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Acinetobacter baumannii and Salmonella enterica isolates tested. The ‘all-D’ homologues of the peptides displayed markedly reduced activity, indicating a chiral target. Pharmacological profiling revealed a good in vitro therapeutic index, no cytotoxicity or cardiotoxicity, an inconspicuous broad-panel off-target profile, and no acute toxicity in mice at 10 mg/kg. In mouse pharmacokinetic experiments LS-sarcotoxin and LS-stomoxyn plasma levels above the lower limit of quantification (1 and 0.25 mg/mL, respectively) were detected after 5 and 15 min, respectively. Conclusions: LS-sarcotoxin and LS-stomoxyn are suitable as lead candidates for the development of novel antibiotics; however, their pharmacokinetic properties need to be improved for systemic administration.
Ideally D-form LS-sarcotoxin should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. D-form LS-sarcotoxin should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Hirsch R, Wiesner J, Marker A, et al. Profiling antimicrobial peptides from the medical maggot Lucilia sericata as potential antibiotics for MDR Gram-negative bacteria. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2019;74(1):96-107. doi:10.1093/jac/dky386
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GWLKKIGKKIERVGQHTRDATIQTIGVAQQAANVAATLK-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C185H317N59O52
- Sequence length:39
- Extinction coefficient:5690 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:4199.84
- Theoretical pI:11.07
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"