Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Most Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients succumb to airway inflammation and pulmonary infections due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa. D-BMAP18, a membrane-permeabilizing antimicrobial peptide composed of D-amino acids, was evaluated as a possible antibacterial aimed to address this issue. The antipseudomonal activity of D-BMAP18 was tested in a pathophysiological context. The peptide displayed activity against CF isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the presence of CF sputum when combined with sodium chloride and DNase I. In combination with DNase I, D-BMAP18 discouraged the deposition of new biofilm and eradicated preformed biofilms of some P. aeruginosa strains. In addition, D-BMAP18 down regulated the production of TNF-α, IL1-β, and TGF-β in LPS-stimulated or IFN-γ macrophages derived from THP-1 cells indicating an anti-inflammatory activity. The biocompatibility of D-BMAP18 was assessed using four different cell lines, showing that residual cell-specific cytotoxicity at bactericidal concentrations could be abolished by the presence of CF sputum. Overall, this study suggests that D-BMAP18 may be an interesting molecule as a starting point to develop a novel therapeutic agent to simultaneously contrast lung infections and inflammation in CF patients.
Ideally D-BMAP18 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. D-BMAP18 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Degasperi M, Agostinis C, Mardirossian M, Maschio M, Taddio A, Bulla R, Scocchi M. The Anti-Pseudomonal Peptide D-BMAP18 Is Active in Cystic Fibrosis Sputum and Displays Anti-Inflammatory In Vitro Activity. Microorganisms. 2020 Sep 12;8(9):1407.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GRFKRFRKKFKKLFKKLS-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C113H189N35O19
- Sequence length:18
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2341.93
- Theoretical pI:12.73
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"