Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
CF-14(RIVELTLPRVSVRL-NH2) is a novel antibacterial peptide, derived from the epidermal mucus of catfish. CF-14 showed antibacterial activity against S. putrefaciens and S. aureus, as well as Escherichia coli compared to negative controls. When the concentration of CF-14 was 62.5 μg/mL, the antibacterial effect of CF-14 against S. putrefaciens was similar to that of 50 μg/mL of ampicillin. CF-14 displays potent activity against gram-negative (S. putrefaciens) bacteria and gram-positive bacteria (S. aureus). Further, the MIC of CF-14 against S. putrefaciens was 62.5 μg/mL. The antimicrobial activity of CF-14 showed no obvious change after heat treatment for 30 min at either at 40 °C, 60 °C, or 80 °C, and slight inactivation after treatment at 100 °C for 30 min. CF-14 remained stable after 24 h after exposure to a pH values ranging from 4.0 to 12.0, but the antimicrobial activity of CF-14 decreased after exposure to an acidic environment (pH < 4). Finally, CF-14 was susceptible to proteases as no antimicrobial activity was observed after treatment with trypsin, pepsin, or proteinase K. CF-14 has the ability to enhance the membrane permeability of S. putrefaciens. Moreover, observations performed using scanning electron and confocal microscopy indicated that CF-14 could penetrate into the cell membranes of S. putrefaciens and accumulate in bacterial cells, but did not break down cell membranes. Further, electrophoresis analysis demonstrated that CF-14 possesses DNA-binding affinity.
Ideally CF-14 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. CF-14 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Li T, Liu Q, Wang D, Li J. Characterization and antimicrobial mechanism of CF-14, a new antimicrobial peptide from the epidermal mucus of catfish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2019
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-RIVELTLPRVSVRL-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C74H136N24O18
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1650.01
- Theoretical pI:12.1
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"