Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Python Cathelicidin CATHPb1 has protective effect in a broad range of in vivo infection models, especially MRSA and VRSA mice model, by local and systemic administration. CATHPb1 was not only directly antimicrobial and anti-biofilm in vitro, but also immunomodulatory in vivo. The protection was all effective through different administration routes, but was blocked by in vivo depletion of monocyte/macrophages or neutrophils. CATHPb1 can rapidly and massively modulate macrophages/monocytes and neutrophils trafficking to the infection site, and potentiate their bactericidal functions. Meanwhile, CATHPb1 remarkably augmented neutrophil-mediated bacteria killing by facilitating neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) formation and preventing its degradation. Acting through MAPKs and NF-κB pathways, CATHPb1 selectively enhanced the levels of chemokines while reducing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines without undesirable toxicities.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Cai S, Qiao X, Feng L, et al. Python Cathelicidin CATHPb1 Protects against Multidrug-Resistant Staphylococcal Infections by Antimicrobial-Immunomodulatory Duality. J Med Chem. 2018;61(5):2075-2086
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-KRFKKFFRKIKKGFRKIFKKTKIFIGGTIPI-OH
- Chemical Formula:C187H308N50O34
- Sequence length:31
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3800.75
- Theoretical pI:12.74
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"