Buforin II peptide
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Derived from buforin I after treatment with endoproteinase Lys-C. It displayed a more potent antimicrobial activity than its parent molecule. In TFE, buforin II contains a helix-hinge-helix structure with the first 4 aa disordered. A proline connects helix 1 (residues 5-10) and helix 2 (residues 12-21). MOA: It kills bacteria without lysing the cell. Instead, this peptide translocates aross bacterial membranes effectively. This is a typical peptide example that does not target bacterial membranes but internal targets such as nucleic acids. It has a strong affinity for DNA and RNA in vitro (Park et al 1998. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244: 253-7). Both buforin II and its derivative buforin IIb (sequence: RAGLQFPVGRLLRRLLRRLLR) showed selective anticancer activity against 62 cancer cell lines (Lee 2008 Cancer Lett 271: 47-51). The sequence of histonin is RAGLQFPVGKLLKKLLKRLKR (updated 12/2008; Jan2013). Buforin II has Antibacterial, Antifungal activity. The source of Buforin II is Bufo bufo gargarizans, Asia.
Ideally Buforin II peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Buforin II peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-TRSSRAGLQFPVGRVHRLLRK-OH
- Chemical Formula:C106H184N40O26
- Sequence length:21
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2434.84
- Theoretical pI:13
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"