Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
AK15 is a small mycobacteriophage-derived peptide. AK15 adopted cationic amphiphilic α-helical structure. Both AK15 and AK15–6 directly inhibited M. tb by trehalose 6, 6’-dimycolate (TDM)–binding and membrane–disruption. They both exhibited bactericidal activity, cell selectivity, and synergistic effects with rifampicin, and none induced drug resistance to M. tb. They efficiently attenuated mycobacterial load in the lung of M. tb–infected mice. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 showed apparent affinity to mycobacterial cord factor. The pre–incubation of AK15 or AK15–6 with TDM blocked the anti–mycobacterial activity of the peptides. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 impaired the surface morphology of M. tb. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 increased the passive diffusion of the fluorescent dye into M. tb. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 induced the leakage of intracellular ATP from M. tb. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 showed cell selectivity to M. tb. Positively charged residues, aromatic residues and α–helix constitute the key structural requirements of the peptides. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 showed none induced drug resistance to M. tb. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 generated synergistic effects with rifampincin against M. tb. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 exhibited thermal stability and low toxicity to mice. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 restrained TDM-stimulated inflammatory signaling activation and inflammatory cytokine production in murine macrophages. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 efficiently protected mice from M. tb infection. AK15 and its isomer AK15–6 enhanced modest basal immune responses in BMDMs and mice.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Yang Y, Liu Z, He X, et al. A small mycobacteriophage-derived peptide and its improved isomer restrict mycobacterial infection via dual mycobactericidal-immunoregulatory activities. J Biol Chem. 2019;294(19):7615-7631
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Molar Concentration Calculator
Percent Concentration Calculator
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
- Analysed Sequence:H-AKKKLSRWWLRWWVK-OH
- Chemical Formula:C103H155N29O17
- Sequence length:15
- Extinction coefficient:22760 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2071.51
- Theoretical pI:12.44
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"