Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The pH-dependent antimicrobial activity of α-helical coiled coil peptides is caused by the protonation/deprotonation of histidine residues in peptide molecules under different pH environments and then leads to the gain or loss of the binding ability of LPS and membranes. 3IH3 has the activity against Gram-negative bacteria. 3IH3 was also found to be effective against C. albicans 2.2086, C. tropicalis 2.1975, and C. parapsilosis 2.3989 with registering MIC values of 2, 1, and 2 μM at pH 6.0, respectively. 3IH3 had no cytotoxicity against HEK293T cells. At the concentration of 128 μM, 3IH3 induced more than a statistically 99% cell survival rate at both pH values. 3IH3 shows great stability as an inexpensive and effective antimicrobial activity agent and has the potential for clinical application in the treatment of infections occurring in body sites with acidic pH.
Ideally 3IH3 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. 3IH3 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Lai Z, Tan P, Zhu Y, Shao C, Shan A, Li L. Highly Stabilized u03b1-Helical Coiled Coils Kill Gram-Negative Bacteria by Multicomplementary Mechanisms under Acidic Condition. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2019;11(25):22113-22128
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-IHHIHHIIHHIHHIIHHIHHI-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C126H186N46O21
- Sequence length:21
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:2681.11
- Theoretical pI:8.42
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"