H-KLAKLAKKLAKLAK-OH (All D-type amino acid)
Three letter code
H-Lys-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Ala-Lys-Lys-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Ala-Lys-OH (All D-type amino acid)
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
(KLAKLAK)2 (referred to as KLAK from here) is an antimicrobial peptide known to induce apoptosis via mitochondrial membrane disruption. KLAK exerts low cytotoxicity to mammalian cells owing to its low internalization capacity and thus requires an internalizing peptide for effective anticancer activity. KLAK has been conjugated to several peptides such as RGD-4C and NGR, NRP-1 binding peptide (CGFYWLRSC), and bladder tumor homing nonapeptide (Bld-1; CSNRDARRC). Conjugation strategy that utilizes the coupling of pro-apoptotic KLAK peptide either to the C- or the N-terminus of the targeting peptide have been used. Most of the peptides identified using the T7 phage display system use the N-terminus for conjugation. However, it is important not to interfere with the binding site of the targeting peptide while considering the conjugation strategy. The iron oxide nanoworms were functionalized by conjugation of the D(KLAKLAK)2 to the N-terminus of the p32 targeting tumor penetrating peptide (LinTT1; AKRGARSTA through a polyethylene glycol (PEG) linker (NW-PEG-Cys-D(KLAKLAK)2-X-LinTT1). The conjugate showed significantly improved anticancer activity in several p32-expressing peritoneal tumor models. Modification of the N-terminus of glioma homing peptide (CooP; CGLSGLGVA) by introduction of alanine and TAMRA fluorophore (TAMRA-ACooP) did not affect CooP homing in vivo using glioblastoma model.
Ideally (klaklak)2 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. (klaklak)2 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Kim HY, Kim S, Youn H, Chung JK, Shin DH, Lee K. The cell penetrating ability of the proapoptotic peptide, KLAKLAKKLAKLAK fused to the N-terminal protein transduction domain of translationally controlled tumor protein, MIIYRDLISH. Biomaterials. 2011;32(22):5262-8
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-KLAKLAKKLAKLAK-OH
- Chemical Formula:C72H138N20O15
- Sequence length:14
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1523.99
- Theoretical pI:11.21
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"