For research use only. We do not sell to patients.
Special Price 117.7 USD
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
TKKTLRT is a heptapeptide that belongs to the collagen-binding domain (CBD) family. CBDs are polypeptides that can bind specifically with collagens, which are structural proteins found in various tissues including tumors. The TKKTLRT peptide was designed based on the cleavage site of collagenase enzyme present in type I alpha 2 chain of collagen. It has been shown to have good tissue penetration and binding affinity towards exposed collagens within tumor tissues. When conjugated with therapeutic molecules such as antibodies or fusion proteins, TKKTLRT acts as a homing device for these molecules by targeting them specifically towards tumor cells through its interaction with exposed collagens within the tumor microenvironment. Studies have demonstrated that using TKKTLRT-conjugated therapeutics results in improved retention and efficacy at target sites while reducing off-target effects on normal cells compared to unmodified therapeutics.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Liu J, Meng Z, Xu T, Kuerban K, Wang S, Zhang X, et al. A SIRPαFc Fusion Protein Conjugated With the Collagen-Binding Domain for Targeted Immunotherapy of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Front Immunol. 2022
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"