RP-182 peptide (TFA removed)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The company Riptide Biosciences (Vallejo, CA, USA) designed a linear peptide that binds to CD206. The peptide, named RP-182 (sequence: KFRKAFKRFF) consists of alternating hydrophobic and hydrophilic aminoacids. Because the peptide also binds to RelB and CD47, the selectivity of systemically administered RP-182 for M2 TAMs remains to be seen. Interestingly, in a congress abstract the peptide was recently reported to induce phagocytosis and apoptosis in M2 mouse macrophages. This activity could be linked to the conformational change of CD206 produced by RP-182.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Sable R., Jaynes J., Ronzetti M., Guzman W., Knotts Z., Val N., de Morgan J., Yates C., Bolormaa B., Rudloff U. Abstract B49: Precision targeting of M2-like macrophages by the innate defense regulator RP-182 in pancreatic cancer and noncancerous diseases. Cancer Res. 2019;79:B49.
- Scodeller, P., Simón-Gracia, L., Kopanchuk, S. et al. Precision Targeting of Tumor Macrophages with a CD206 Binding Peptide. Sci Rep 7, 14655 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-14709-x
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"