Peptide Purity (HPLC)
PT-141 (Bremelanotide) is also named: Brmelanotice; BREMELANOTIDE PT141; BreMelanotide Acetate. CAS NO.: 189691-06-3. PT-141 or Bremelanotide is the generic term for a research peptide being studied for its possible use in helping to improve sexual dysfunction in both men (erectile dysfunction or impotence) and women (sexual arousal disorder). PT-141 was developed from the tanning peptide Melanotan 2, which is a synthetically produced variant of a peptide hormone naturally produced in the body that stimulates melanogenesis that is known as alpha-Melanocyte stimulating hormone. MSH, activates certain melanocortin receptors in the process of exerting its effects. Indeed, MSH also exerts potent influence over lipid metabolism, appetite, and sexual libido. Resultantly, PT-141 has been shown in studies to exhibit libido-enhancing effects by activating the melanocortin receptors MC1R and MC4R, but not skin tanning. Melanotan 1 and Melanotan 2 have been researched for their use in protecting against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation from sunlight due to their melanogenesis-stimulating properties.
Ideally PT-141 (Bremelanotide) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. PT-141 (Bremelanotide) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Diamond LE, Earle DC, Heiman JR, Rosen RC, Perelman MA, Harning R. An effect on the subjective sexual response in premenopausal women with sexual arousal disorder by bremelanotide (PT-141), a melanocortin receptor agonist. J Sex Med. 2006;3(4):628-38.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"