Antigenic peptides of M3R
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Serum levels of IgG against Sjögren’s syndrome-related antigen A (SSA) and M3 muscarinic receptor (M3R) were examined by a standard sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Briefly, 96-well MaxiSorp plates were coated with antigen peptides (5 μg/ml) at 4 °C overnight. Plates were washed and incubated with blocking buffer (0.5% gelatin, 0.5% bovine serum albumin and 0.05% Tween 20 in PBS) at room temperature for 1 h. Serum samples were diluted (1:100) and incubated in plates for 2 h at room temperature, followed by incubation of biotin-conjugated anti-mouse IgG (BioLegend, 0.5 μg/ml) for 1 h. After washing, HRP Streptavidin (BioLegend, 1:1000) was added, and the plates were incubated for 30 min. Then, plates were washed and freshly prepared TMB substrate (BioLegend, 50 μl) was added. After 10 min, 20 μl stop solution (3 M H2SO4) was added and absorbance at 450 nm was measured using a Sunrise microplate reader (Tecan, Männedorf, Switzerland). Antigenic peptides of SSA (AVALREYRKKMDIPA) and M3R (VLVNTFCDSCIPKTYWNLGY).
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Xiao F, Lin X, Tian J, Wang X, Chen Q, Rui K, Ma J, Wang S, Wang Q, Wang X, Liu D, Sun L, Lu L. Proteasome inhibition suppresses Th17 cell generation and ameliorates autoimmune development in experimental Sjögren's syndrome. Cell Mol Immunol. 2017 Jul 10;14(11):924–34. doi: 10.1038/cmi.2017.8. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 28690324; PMCID: PMC5675963.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"