Antibacterial peptide LL-37 amide, LL37
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
LL-37 is an antimicrobial peptide with angiogenic activity. It corresponds to amino acids 134-170 of the human cathelicidin antimicrobial protein hCAP18/LL-37 and is extracellularly released from hCAP18/LL-37 by proteolytic processing. hCAP18/LL-37 is an effector of the innate immune system and is expressed in leukocytes and epithelial cells where it is upregulated in association with inflammation and injury. An overexpression of hCAP18/LL-37 in a series of breast carcinomas could be demonstated
Ideally Antibacterial peptide LL-37 amide, LL37 should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Antibacterial peptide LL-37 amide, LL37 should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- S.Sandgren et al., J. Biol. Chem., 279, 17951 (2004)
- F.Neville et al., Biophys. J., 90, 1275 (2006)
- U.H.Durr et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1758, 1408 (2006)
- T.Tecle et al., Innate Immun., 16, 151 (2010)
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-LLGDFFRKSKEKIGKEFKRIVQRIKDFLRNLVPRTES-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C205H341N61O52
- Sequence length:37
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:4492.26
- Theoretical pI:11.1
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"