Liraglutide peptide (TFA removed)
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Liraglutide, the second GLP-1 analog approved in 2009 in Europe and 2010 in USA under the trade name Victoza (Novo Nordisk). Liraglutide is a synthetic molecule produced using DNA recombinant technology. Compared to native GLP-1, it has an addition of a 16 carbon fatty-acid side-chain at Lys26 and an Arg34Lys substitution (Neumiller et al., 2010). After s.c. injection, only 1–2% of liraglutide circulates as free peptide in the plasma as the rest is noncovalently bound to albumin as ensured by the fatty acid side-chain (Zhang et al., 2012). This prolongs the half-life of liraglutide to 11–15 h approximately and hence administration once daily is needed.
Ideally Liraglutide peptide (TFA removed) should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Liraglutide peptide (TFA removed) should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Malm-Erjefalt M, Bjornsdottir I, Vanggaard J, Helleberg H, Larsen U, Oosterhuis B, van Lier JJ, Zdravkovic M, Olsen AK: Metabolism and excretion of the once-daily human glucagon-like peptide-1 analog liraglutide in healthy male subjects and its in vitro degradation by dipeptidyl peptidase IV and neutral endopeptidase. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010 Nov;38(11):1944-53. doi: 10.1124/dmd.110.034066. Epub 2010 Aug 13.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"