Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The source of Kisspeptin-10 is Mus musculus. Kisspeptin-10 belongs to KISS1. Kisspeptin-10 is expressed in Weak in all tissue types with highest levels in lung and 15- 17-day embryos. Expressed in areas of the hypothalamus implicated in the neuroendocrine regulation of gonadotropin secretion, including the anteroventral periventricular nucleus, the periventricular nucleus, and the arcuate nucleus. The peptide has the modification: 1 Tyr Phosphotyrosine (By similarity); 10 Tyr amide (By similarity)
Ideally Kisspeptin-10 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Kisspeptin-10 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Nielsen SB, Franzmann M, Basaiawmoit RV, Wimmer R, Mikkelsen JD, Otzen DE beta-Sheet aggregation of kisspeptin-10 is stimulated by heparin but inhibited by amphiphiles Biopolymers 2010 Aug;93(8):678-89
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-YNWNSFGLRY-Amidation
- Chemical Formula:C63H83N17O15
- Sequence length:10
- Extinction coefficient:8250 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1318.43
- Theoretical pI:9.58
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"