IRBP (651-670) (human) peptide
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
IRBP (651-670) (human), sometimes referred to as hIRBP651-670 or human IRBP651-670, is amino acid residues 651 to 670 of human interphotoreceptor retinoid binding protein (IRBP), which has been identified as a new uveitogenic epitope. IRBP (651-670) (human) is uveitogenic for mice of the H-2b haplotype and elicits experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU) with a higher severity and incidence in C57BL/6 mice than the previously characterized IRBP (1-20) (human) epitope. Co-immunization with IRBP (1-20) (human) and IRBP (651-670) human is additive but not synergistic. IRBP (651-670) (human) appears to be an epitope naturally processed from a conserved region of native IRBP.
Ideally IRBP (651-670) (human) peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. IRBP (651-670) (human) peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Mattapallil MJ, Silver PB, Cortes LM, St Leger AJ, Jittayasothorn Y, Kielczewski JL, et al. Characterization of a New Epitope of IRBP That Induces Moderate to Severe Uveoretinitis in Mice With H-2b Haplotype. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56(9):5439-49
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"