Interleukin-4 Receptor Targeting Peptide AP
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
Atherosclerotic plaque (AP) homing nonapeptide (CRKRLDRNC) was identified after cycles of ex vivo phage display screening on human atheroma tissue and further validated for homing to the atherosclerotic plaques in an in vivo murine model. A homology sequence search identified the AP binding sequence KRLDRN motif corresponding to the Interleukin-4 (IL-4) . Its receptor, IL-4R, is abundantly expressed by glioma cells thereby presenting the CRKRLDRNC as a promising tool for glioma targeting. Park et al. showed promising results with the AP peptide conjugated to doxorubicin containing microbubbles and nanoliposomes as a proof-of-concept for glioma targeted imaging and therapy using the U87MG in vitro models. AP peptide conjugated to doxorubicin containing liposomes showed also enhanced antitumor activity in in vivo model of human lung cancer.
Ideally Interleukin-4 Receptor Targeting Peptide AP should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. Interleukin-4 Receptor Targeting Peptide AP should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Hong HY, Lee HY, Kwak W, Yoo J, Na MH, So IS, et al. Phage display selection of peptides that home to atherosclerotic plaques: IL-4 receptor as a candidate target in atherosclerosis. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12(5B):2003-14
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-CRKRLDRNC-OH
- Chemical Formula:C44H82N20O13S2
- Sequence length:9
- Extinction coefficient:0 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:1163.37
- Theoretical pI:10.12
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
Red: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
Blue: Basic residues, like R K H and N-terminal -NH2
Green: Acidic residues, like D E and C-terminal -COOH
Black: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"