HGH fragment 176-191 peptide
Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
The synthetic peptides corresponding to amino acids 172-191, 176-191, 177-191, 178-191, 179-191, and 180-191 of human growth hormone (hGH) have been studied for their in vivo effects in normal rats. Four of the peptides (hGH 172-191, 176-191, 177-191, and 178-191) produced a short-lived rise in blood glucose and a more sustained rise in plasma insulin, whereas the other two (hGH 179-191 and 180-191) were inert in the systems tested. A single dose (5 nmol/kg body wt) of the peptides containing the amino acids sequence 178-191 of the hGH molecule significantly reduced insulin sensitivity of the animals in intravenous insulin tolerance tests. The findings also indicate that the biologically active peptides must not only have the minimum of the informational sequence but also that this must be in correct physical configuration.
Ideally HGH fragment 176-191 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. HGH fragment 176-191 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Ng FM, Bornstein J. Hyperglycemic action of synthetic C-terminal fragments of human growth hormone. Am J Physiol. 1978 May;234(5):E521-6. doi: 10.1152/ajpendo.1978.234.5.E521. PMID: 645904.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"