Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
GPQGIWGQK is a proteolytically cleavable peptide used in the synthesis of bioartificial hydrogel matrices for therapeutic vascularization. It is reacted with acrylate-PEG 3400 -NHS to synthesize MMP-degradable PEGDA macromer (A-PEG-GPQ-PEG-A). The A-PEG-GPQ-PEG-A hydrogel matrix, containing the GPQGIWGQK peptide, exhibits degradation-dependent VEGF release and supports cell adhesion activities. The hydrogel matrix with GPQGIWGQK peptide promotes subcutaneous vessel growth in rats, showing potential for vascularization in tissue engineering applications. The GPQGIWGQK peptide, when incorporated into the hydrogel matrix, allows for controlled release of VEGF, which is important for promoting angiogenesis and tissue regeneration. The bioartificial matrices containing GPQGIWGQK peptide have shown promise in promoting vascularization and could have potential applications in regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Phelps EA, Landázuri N, Thulé PM, Taylor WR, García AJ. Bioartificial matrices for therapeutic vascularization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Feb 23;107(8):3323-8. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0905447107. Epub 2009 Dec 31. PMID: 20080569; PMCID: PMC2840448.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"