Peptide Purity (HPLC)
GHRP-2 is also named: GHRP-2 Acetate. CAS NO.: 158861-67-7. GHRP-2 (also known as KP 102) is a synthetic hexapeptide Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide (GHRP), which acts on the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland to release growth hormone with a slight stimulator effect on Prolactin, ACTH and Cortisol levels. GHRP-2 is considered to be a true hGH secretagogue, meaning that it stimulates the body’s own secretion of hGH. Human Growth hormone has been shown in studies to promote lean body mass and reduce adiposity (fat). GHRP2 has demonstrated that it is very effective at stimulating GH production in research test subjects. It has a short half life with peak concentrations occurring around 15 minutes and not longer than 60 minutes after administration.
Ideally GHRP-2 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. GHRP-2 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Granado M, Priego T, MartÃn AI, VillanÃºa MA, LÃ³pez-calderÃ³n A. Anti-inflammatory effect of the ghrelin agonist growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) in arthritic rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;288(3):E486-92.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"