D-LAK-120A (D-LAK) peptide
H-KKLALALAKKWLALAKKLALALAKK-NH2 (All D-type amino acids)
Three letter code
H-Lys-Lys-Leu-Ala-Leu-Ala-Leu-Ala-Lys-Lys-Trp-Leu-Ala-Leu-Ala-Lys-Lys-Leu-Ala-Leu-Ala-Leu-Ala-Lys-Lys-NH2 (All D-type amino acids)
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
D-LAK-120A (D-LAK; KKLALALAKKWLALAKKLALALAKK-NH2) a cationic antimicrobial peptide. The D-LAK peptides were cationic and amphipathic, with angle subtended by positively charged lysine residues when the peptide adopts an idealized α-helix conformation. D-LAK showed inhibitory action against M. smegmatis by acting on the mycobacterial cell wall and leading to pore formation (membranolytic pathway) in vitro. D-LAK peptide demonstrated enhanced cytotoxicity in A549, H358, H1975, and HCC827 cell lines with inhibitory concentrations between 4.0 and 5.5 μM. D-LAK induced lung cancer cell apoptosis and arrested cells in the S phase (DNA synthesis) of cell cycle. D-LAK inhibited single cell proliferation and cancer cell migration in vitro. The tumor reduction observed in the 3D spheroid assay further suggests the potential use of D-LAK as an anticancer agent for NSCLC treatment.
Ideally D-LAK-120A (D-LAK) peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. D-LAK-120A (D-LAK) peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Suyash M. Patil, Nitesh K. Kunda, Anticancer activity of D-LAK-120A, an antimicrobial peptide, in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), Biochimie, 2022, ISSN 0300-9084, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biochi.2022.06.011.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"