Three letter code
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
ChMAP-28 was predicted bioinformatically based on the sequence data of the precursor protein MAP-28 (GenBank AJ243126.1). The ChMAP-28 amino acid sequence was translated from mRNA for the corresponding precursor protein as a 27-residue peptide without the C-terminal glycine, a common amidation signal in cathelicidins. It has molecular mass of 3365 Da and the amino acid sequence GRFKRFRKKLKRLWHKVGPFVGPILHY including eleven basic residues. The goat peptide is highly homologous to the bovine α-helical cathelicidin BMAP-27. ChMAP-28 was found to be toxic toward tumor cells at concentrations of <10 μM, significantly less toxic toward normal cells and low hemolytic. The cytotoxic effect of ChMAP-28 is revealed in 15 min and does not increase during following incubation. Its cell death promoting mechanism was not associated with the caspase-dependent apoptosis, but was rather related to necrosis due to pore formation in the susceptible cell membranes.
Ideally ChMAP-28 peptide should be stored in a freezer at or below -9C. ChMAP-28 peptide should be refrigerated after reconstitution. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Emelianova AA, Kuzmin DV, Panteleev PV, Sorokin M, Buzdin AA, Ovchinnikova TV. Anticancer Activity of the Goat Antimicrobial Peptide ChMAP-28. Front Pharmacol. 2018
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
- Analysed Sequence:H-GRFKRFRKKLKRLWHKVGPFVGPILHY-OH
- Chemical Formula:C163H255N49O29
- Sequence length:27
- Extinction coefficient:6970 M-1cm-1
- Mw average:3365.07
- Theoretical pI:12.43
- Data Source:Peptide Property Calculator
GRAVY = grand average of hydropathy
X: Hydrophobic uncharged residues, like F I L M V W A and P
X: Basic residues, like R K H
X: Acidic residues, like D E
X: Polar uncharged residues, like G S T C N Q and Y
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"