µ-conotoxin CnIIIC, conopeptide (TFA removed)
Batch to batch variation of the purity
Pyr-GC*C*NGPKGC*SSKWC*RDHARC*C*-NH2 (disulfide bond Cys3-Cys15, Cys4-Cys21 and Cys10-Cys22)
Peptide Purity (HPLC)
µ-Conotoxins are small, potent, peptide voltage-gated sodium (NaV) channel inhibitors characterised by a conserved cysteine framework. NaV channels are key players in the generation and propagation of action potentials, and selective blockade of these channels is a promising strategy for clinically useful suppression of electrical activity. The conotoxin m-CnIIIC from the cone snail Conus consors exhibits myorelaxing activity in rodents through specific blockade of skeletal muscle (NaV1.4) NaV channels.
Normally, this peptide will be delivered in lyophilized form and should be stored in a freezer at or below -20 °C. For more details, please refer to the manual:Handling and Storage of Synthetic Peptides
- Markgraf R, Leipold E, Schirmeyer J, Paolini-Bertrand M, Hartley O, Heinemann SH. Mechanism and molecular basis for the sodium channel subtype specificity of µ-conopeptide CnIIIC. Br J Pharmacol. 2012 Oct;167(3):576-86. doi: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.02004.x. PMID: 22537004; PMCID: PMC3449262.
- McMahon KL, Tran HNT, Deuis JR, Craik DJ, Vetter I, Schroeder CI. µ-Conotoxins Targeting the Human Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel Subtype NaV1.7. Toxins (Basel). 2022 Aug 30;14(9):600. doi: 10.3390/toxins14090600. PMID: 36136538; PMCID: PMC9506549.
About TFA salt
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) is a strong acid, which is commonly used to cleave synthesized peptides from solid-phase resins and is also used to improve HPLC performance in the peptide purification step. By default, custom peptides are delivered as lyophilized TFA salts, and can contain as much as 10-45% TFA.
TFA in custom peptides can cause inexplicable discrepancies in subsequent assay data. For instance, TFA in nM concentrations has been shown to interfere with cellular assays, inhibiting cellular proliferation in some instances, and increasing cell viability in others . It has also been found to be an unintended allosteric modulator of the glycine receptor, GlyR.
TFA Removal Service is recommended for:
- Peptides that will be used in cellular assays
- Peptides that will be used as APIs or in manufactured products
- For hydrophilic peptides containing numerous basic residues
Related Products / Services
• Peptide Services: NovoPro's peptide synthesis services include standard chemical peptide synthesis, peptide modification, peptide libraries, and recombinant peptide expression.
• Standard Peptide Synthesis: NovoPro offers quality peptides at the most competitive prices in the industry, starting at $3.20 per amino acid. NovoPro provides PepBox – Automatic Quote Tool for online price calculation.
• Peptide Modifications: NovoPro offers a wide range of peptide modification services including isotope labeling (2H, 15N, and 13C), multiple disulfide bonds, multiple phosphorylations, KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, amidation, acetylation, biotin, FITC, etc.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"